NPS Infinity have a team of experienced trainers with years of specialist knowledge. We offer bespoke training courses for up to 15 delegates in a setting that suits you. We have a consistently high pass rates as well as extremely friendly trainers. Our course on offer are below:
Asbestos Awareness Course
Duration: 1/2 day
This course is designed for anyone who wants to develop a basic knowledge. Our course is based on the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012. Section 10 of this regulation states:
“Every employer must ensure that adequate information, instruction and training is given to their employees who are or are liable to be exposed to asbestos, or who supervise such employees.”
Asbestos awareness training will therefore provide an awareness and develop knowledge with regards to the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials (ACMs). Furthermore the course will give an overview of the legislative measures in place to permit employees to safeguard themselves and others. It should be given to employees whose work could disturb the fabric of a building and expose them to asbestos.
- Properties of Asbestos and also its Origins
- Types of Asbestos and Their Effects on Health
- Asbestos Uses and Where is it located
- Asbestos Legislation
- Survey Types, Registers and Emergency Procedures
There is a short test at the end of the course. All delegates will receive a certificate.
On successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Have an increased awareness of the nature and properties of asbestos and its effects on health, as well as the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke;
- Be familiar with the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings and where appropriate items of plant;
- Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos by understanding;
- Where to obtain information on asbestos in premises prior to commencing work;
- What to do if suspicious materials are found;
- How to use appropriate workplace precautions, including the risk assessment process, or seek advice on workplace precautions, in respect of the risks of asbestos;
- Undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to themselves or others.
- Have an awareness of the key aspects of the asbestos regulations and how they fit into the broader context of health and safety legislation.
- Follow procedures when coming into unintentional contact with ACMs and an understanding of the appropriate emergency arrangements.
Legionella Awareness Training
Duration ½ day
The legionella course will teach you about Legionella as well as how it develops in water systems. It also gives an understanding of the legal requirements of the duty holder. The course covers monitoring of domestic and commercial water systems, as well as codes of best practice. This course is ideal for individuals who own or have a legal responsibility for a building, along with people such as business managers and landlords. All delegates will receive a certificate at the end of the course.
We also offer training videos to assist in using our Legionella and Asbestos portal, TEAMS. to access the video’s click here.